Struggle to speed up innovation
MVNOs, MVNEs and smaller operators are at a disadvantage compared to larger operators. They are even more dependent upon their network vendors to roll out new services and to resolve integration issues. This undermines one of their key advantages: their ability to deliver tailored and innovative services quickly. The flexibility to innovate at the speed of the ecosystem is increasingly important in the MVNO world.
Nearly all operators admit they struggle to speed up time-to-market for new services. In particular smaller operators are highly dependent on the availability and willingness of infrastructure vendors.
Breaking the vendor lock-in
The BroadForward Diameter Signaling Controller (BroadForward DSC) and BroadForward Interworking provide MVNOs with the means to independently enable use cases across vendors’ systems and (proprietary) technology. The BroadForward DSC is the Next Generation Diameter Signaling Controller providing a single software solution for any-to-any protocol interworking and intelligent routing for Diameter, RADIUS, SS7 and IT protocols. BroadForward interworking provides MVNOs with powerful any-to-any interworking capabilities between SS7, Diameter, RADIUS, HTTP and more. Both DSC and interworking products provide a GUI based signaling orchestration environment which empowers its users to set up advanced use cases without any need for scripting or vendor involvement. Success for MVNOs relies on efficiency, flexibility and low cost. BroadForward signaling products are designed to offer smaller operators both flexibility and affordable adaptability of services, independent of vendors and technology.
BroadForward encourages MVNOs, MVNEs and smaller operators to take control of their signaling network. With BroadForward interworking and the BroadForward DSC, operators can independently and immediately take action to enable services and tackle signaling challenges found in multi-vendor environments, across 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi/Fixed and IT. This hands operators the in-house capability to avoid lengthy engagements with product vendors and system integrators. The BroadForward DSC is the only Diameter Signaling Controller that provides the ability to own and control the signaling network, add network functions without changing existing systems, and independently resolve signaling issues across multi-vendor environments. BroadForward interworking and the BroadForward DSC enable MVNOs, MVNEs and (smaller) operators to be the fastest innovator in their markets, and at the same time structural reduce integration and hardware costs.
MVNOs, MVNEs and operators can leverage the benefits offered by the BroadForward DSC and BroadForward interworking to increase their power in the competitive market:
- Less dependency on vendors and system integrators: flexibility to manage complex broadband use cases independently;
- Faster time-to-market for broadband propositions: BroadForward interworking enables integration in days instead of weeks or months;
- Productized integration: out-of-the box support for Diameter routing and mediation, Fixed-Mobile convergence, 3G-LTE data roaming, Wi-Fi offload integration, Number Portability, M2M/IoT etc.;
- Easy to use: configuration is fully based on a graphical user interface, no need for scripting or vendor involvement;
- Reduced systems integration cost for broadband systems: using BroadForward is often cheaper than a single change request on core legacy platforms;
- Extended economic lifetime of systems: BroadForward interworking adds required connectivity functionality instead of system upgrades or replacements;
- Hardware independent: BroadForward products are software based, supports use of standard off-the-shelf hardware, virtualization and cloud deployment.