The BroadForward Diameter Signaling Controller (BroadForward DSC) is the world’s leading product for Diameter Routing Agent (DRA), Diameter Edge Agent (DEA) and Interworking. It enables operators to create signaling scenarios across 2G/3G, 4G/LTE, 5G, IMS, Fixed, Wi-Fi, IT and M2M/IoT networks without the need for (proprietary) scripting or development. The BroadForward DSC can run standalone or combined on a single engine platform with other BroadForward products, such as the BroadForward Signaling Transfer Point (STP).
Diameter routing and interworking across technologies and domains
The BroadForward DSC offers unique flexibility through an extensive, integrated set of routing and service creation capabilities. The DSC is supports signaling scenarios across 3GPP based networks (2G, 3G, 4G/LTE, 5G, IMS), non-3GPP networks (Wi-Fi, Cable, DSL, FTTH, Fixed) as well as IT domains. Most legacy solutions are silo-based point-solutions, meaning they are designed to address a single technology, single protocol and single function. In contrast, The BroadForward DSC is a 100% software solution by design, enabling converged signaling scenarios across 2G/3G, 4G and even 5G. The BroadForward DSC allows operators to achieve consolidation across signaling technologies by combining it with other BroadForward applications such as the Signaling Transfer Point (STP) on the same single engine software platform.
BroadForward Next Generation Diameter Signaling Controller (DSC)
The BroadForward DSC provides intelligent routing of Diameter signaling traffic in 3G and 4G networks. As it is part of BroadForward’s portfolio of converged, multi-protocol signaling products, it can be extended to enable signaling scenarios across 3G, 4G and 5G (SS7, Diameter, HTTP and more) as well as Wi-Fi and Fixed networks. The BroadForward DSC doesn’t require (proprietary) scripting or development to achieve these signaling scenarios. The BroadForward DSC therefore offers a future-proof choice, with major benefits compared to legacy DSC products. BroadForward has extensive experience in replacing various legacy vendor brands and offers service providers very attractive options to replace a legacy DSC or STP.
- Diameter Routing Agent and Edge Agent for any Diameter application, including Gx, Gy, Gz, Rx, Ro, Rf, Sy, Sh, SLg, SLh, S6a, S6b, S6d, S9, S13, SWm, SWx, Cx, Dx, Wg (NASREQ), Wx, Diameter SIP Application, MM10 and SCAPv1/v2;
- Intelligent routing
- Interworking with SS7/MAP, INAP, RADIUS and various IT protocols (REST, SOAP, LDAP, ENUM etc.).
- AVP level mediation
- Stateless and stateful load balancing/sharing
- PCRF binding for VoLTE and VoWi-Fi
- Admission / Access control
- Selective signaling message duplication function
- Message screening
- Congestion control, overload protection
- Network topology hiding
- On-board session database for stateful scenarios
- Supporting high available and geo-redundant deployment models
- GUI based services orchestration and system management, configurable service logic, no need for scripting or development
- Optional (on-board) support for:
- Subscriber Lookup Function (SLF), e.g. for Steering Of Roaming (SoR)
- MAP-Diameter interworking function
- BroadForward SS7 Firewall (SS7FW)
- BroadForward Diameter Firewall (DFW)
- BroadForward Number Portability (NP)
- BroadForward Equipment Identity Register (EIR)
- BroadForward Signaling Transfer Point (STP)
- BroadForward 5G Service Communication Proxy (SCP)
- BroadForward 5G Security Edge Protection Proxy (SEPP)
Combining network functions
The BroadForward DSC runs on a unique single engine software design, allowing operators to combine multiple functions on the same platform. This provides many benefits, such as:
- Reduction of integration points, and on-board capability for interworking and interoperability
- Centralized IT integration, signaling management, configuration, provisioning, subscriber management, reporting and control
- Centralized use of common network applications (e.g. firewall, number portability, steering of roaming)
- Easy to operate, uniform operations across domains
- Single capacity license with free traffic mix across supported protocols
Hardware-agnostic solution, supporting virtualized deployments
The BroadForward DSC runs on any off-the-shelf hardware or in a virtualized environment. It is a 100% software based solution, hardware-agnostic and support virtualization and cloud deployment as well as containerized application deployment. The DSC does not rely on specialist hardware or proprietary operating systems. The ability to deploy the BroadForward DSC on a common (shared) platform supports operators and vendors in migrating away from proprietary based appliance systems to a standards based, hardware agnostic, software only, infrastructure.